Junior Mint is preparing to graduate. That may mean we need to start calling him Senior Mint. His graduation date is sometime in the late spring or early summer.
OK, with that out of the way, I must register a tiny complaint with the frozen few blogging committee. Although I have many times referred to the family picture and accompanying pseudonym explanation , I can never manage to keep everyone's fake names straight. Usually it doesn't matter that much, because I can figure it out from context, but this time I'll admit to being confused. Because I stupidly interpreted "Junior Mint" to be Laundryman, and assumed that he (Laundryman) was graduating from high school and was all "No way. Holy cow! Incredible!" And then I counted backwards and realized he's almost 15, and that such things, although unusual, are not impossible. And I sat there with my mind blown for many minutes. And then I saw B's comment, and it clued me in to the fact that I'd missed something important. So I went back and paid more attention to what was actually written, instead of what I thought was written and finally got it, and thought, "Oh! Wow! Great! Good for them!" without a shred of disbelief or incredulity. And then I laughed and laughed. Because which is statistically less likely: having a child graduate at 15 1/2, or having 10 natural-born children? I have no idea. But by this point, I should know not to be surprised by any extraordinary feat from any in your extraordinary family. So congratulations graduates, siblings, and parents all around!
And also, for next time, could you put up a key? Just pseudonyms and numbers on your home page would be fine.
9 Comments:
Congratulations! That is really exciting...I hope you are feeling well, Pookah!
B
Congratulations!
Will Jr Mint have a graduation cap and gown? If so, please post pictures. :)
Good Work! Congrats!
Junior Mint has started practicing walking so he'll be able to cross the stage on his own to get his diploma - or something like that.
More candy? Sweet!
Mmmm! I like this minty fresh announcement! Congratulations! You're amazing!
Congratulations!
OK, with that out of the way, I must register a tiny complaint with the frozen few blogging committee. Although I have many times referred to the family picture and accompanying pseudonym explanation , I can never manage to keep everyone's fake names straight. Usually it doesn't matter that much, because I can figure it out from context, but this time I'll admit to being confused. Because I stupidly interpreted "Junior Mint" to be Laundryman, and assumed that he (Laundryman) was graduating from high school and was all "No way. Holy cow! Incredible!" And then I counted backwards and realized he's almost 15, and that such things, although unusual, are not impossible. And I sat there with my mind blown for many minutes. And then I saw B's comment, and it clued me in to the fact that I'd missed something important. So I went back and paid more attention to what was actually written, instead of what I thought was written and finally got it, and thought, "Oh! Wow! Great! Good for them!" without a shred of disbelief or incredulity. And then I laughed and laughed. Because which is statistically less likely: having a child graduate at 15 1/2, or having 10 natural-born children? I have no idea. But by this point, I should know not to be surprised by any extraordinary feat from any in your extraordinary family. So congratulations graduates, siblings, and parents all around!
And also, for next time, could you put up a key? Just pseudonyms and numbers on your home page would be fine.
Boss,
I thought the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no clue what the announcement was until B's comment clued us in!
I got behind and did not see the comments after Javich's. LOL at Boss's. Good point Ree! I vote for Almond Joy! Dad.
Post a Comment
<< Home