Chasing down (seven) loose ends
A couple years ago we in the land where many are cold had Thanksgiving dinner with Sonnet and Marty and his extended family. His Grandmother asked for an ordered picture of our children - and since Pooka and I have always been slow and family entropy is high, it has taken us some time to produce the required image.

A name list was part of the order (left to right): Holly, Niccus, Snoozer, D.W., Harvey Jr, Peter the High King, and Laundry Man. Birdman would not consent to dress properly for the picture and was therefore excluded.
Bonus Questions:
Which of the children is most noble? (No, not Birdman - he is tightly bound.)
Knowing that their relative physical positions are well defined here, who (in principle) would have something to say about their relative velocities?

Pooka is holding both Holly and, of course, Birdman.

A name list was part of the order (left to right): Holly, Niccus, Snoozer, D.W., Harvey Jr, Peter the High King, and Laundry Man. Birdman would not consent to dress properly for the picture and was therefore excluded.
Bonus Questions:
Which of the children is most noble? (No, not Birdman - he is tightly bound.)
Knowing that their relative physical positions are well defined here, who (in principle) would have something to say about their relative velocities?

Pooka is holding both Holly and, of course, Birdman.

13 Comments:
Hooray! I will let Marty's grandma know that the picture has been taken and point her to it! Welcome to the blogging world!
Glad to see you and your kinlets.
Hey! It's you! Good work, 10.2.
I am uncertain about velocity and nobility, but I sure am glad to see ya'll here! Welcome!
Wow! I'm glad you've made it!
Hey ya'll! Glad I found you. I'm also glad you included pictures, because I wouldn't have rocognized any of you from your handle-names. (although it was easy to deduce that the writing was done by an engineer.) Welcome to the blogospere!
Welcome. I believe that makes 9 out of 9 kids. Now what about Mom and Dad?
Welcome to the tadpool! :) Glad to see you braving the rapids! :) dani
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
OK time is up on the bonus questions. The most noble is Holly. All of the children are bonded (they're holding hands) - but Holly's bond is the weakest. (You can see the stretch in the bond that signals incipient dissolution.) In the periodic table those elements that are the most difficult to bind are the noble gasses, so Holly is the most noble.
Second, Heisenberg.
All I have to say in response to the answers to the bonus questions is "Yikes!" (Oh yeah, and I added in an eye roll too!) :)
Hey, Harvey! Sorry I broke the rules! I have gone to no real names myself on my blog, so you could further edit that comment by making my name Tarimisu, my oldest daughter's name Chicken Nugget, and the two-year-old sister's name Noodle! After reading your "Whosit" blog, I decided to make the change. Thanks for making me think about my family's safety!
tarimisu said:
##########
Hello [LNU]! I'm a friend of Boss's (and Sonnet's and others) and I had to comment because I was letting my oldest daughter (Chicken Nugget) look at the picture of your kids and I had started to look at something else, but she said, "Go back! Go back!" and then pointed to Niccus and said, "She looks like Noodle!" (Chicken Nugget's two-year-old sister.) You have a beautiful family!
##########
One of the rules is no real names. LNU means last name unknown.
Taramisu,
Thank you for the compliment!
Post a Comment
<< Home