Still no baby
Pooka's sister has come to visit - to help with Junior's arrival. Now if we could just convince Junior to arrive...
Work has been very demanding since July when I was asked to lead an engineering team. My business unit is short a research director and I've had to carry the load until the head of engineering gets the position filled. I've been keenly aware of what I'm not doing well because of the heavy load and have been worried both about my rookie mistakes and the work that isn't getting done. This week I had both my program review with my most demanding customer and my quarterly performance review with my supervisor. Both turned out well, but the positive program review was a particularly pleasant surprise.
Harvey Jr has earned his arrow of light - just in time for his birthday. He also received his religious knot at the last pack meeting.
Harvey, PTHK, Laundryman, and DW all started in the community children's choir this fall. Practices and performances are having an impact on our schedule. It would be a lot easier if we didn't have other things going on.
Laundryman is just a couple merit badges and a project away from his Eagle. He's excited and anxious to complete it. I encouraged him a few years ago to get it done before he started high school - just because there were other things to do then. I am glad he's had the motivation to pursue it. PTHK is not far behind. They are ahead of most of the scouts here in part because the first year scout program in our previous ward was good at getting boys through First Class in their first year.
Laundryman and PTHK are both in Middle school this year - and again are active in extra-curricular academic activities. Both of them are growing rapidly - Laundryman asked Pooka last week when he was allowed to start shaving. With their increase in size has come an increase in their willingness to wrestle with each other. I finally told Laundryman that if the wrestling didn't stop I'd make him join the wrestling team at school, which of course would interfere with the activities they are more interested in. The wrestling has decreased substantially.
Books we have enjoyed particularly of late include Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series, Elantris,Brisingr, and The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.
Work has been very demanding since July when I was asked to lead an engineering team. My business unit is short a research director and I've had to carry the load until the head of engineering gets the position filled. I've been keenly aware of what I'm not doing well because of the heavy load and have been worried both about my rookie mistakes and the work that isn't getting done. This week I had both my program review with my most demanding customer and my quarterly performance review with my supervisor. Both turned out well, but the positive program review was a particularly pleasant surprise.
Harvey Jr has earned his arrow of light - just in time for his birthday. He also received his religious knot at the last pack meeting.
Harvey, PTHK, Laundryman, and DW all started in the community children's choir this fall. Practices and performances are having an impact on our schedule. It would be a lot easier if we didn't have other things going on.
Laundryman is just a couple merit badges and a project away from his Eagle. He's excited and anxious to complete it. I encouraged him a few years ago to get it done before he started high school - just because there were other things to do then. I am glad he's had the motivation to pursue it. PTHK is not far behind. They are ahead of most of the scouts here in part because the first year scout program in our previous ward was good at getting boys through First Class in their first year.
Laundryman and PTHK are both in Middle school this year - and again are active in extra-curricular academic activities. Both of them are growing rapidly - Laundryman asked Pooka last week when he was allowed to start shaving. With their increase in size has come an increase in their willingness to wrestle with each other. I finally told Laundryman that if the wrestling didn't stop I'd make him join the wrestling team at school, which of course would interfere with the activities they are more interested in. The wrestling has decreased substantially.
Books we have enjoyed particularly of late include Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series, Elantris,Brisingr, and The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.

2 Comments:
Good job at work Harvey!
Good job at scouts boys!
I'm also enjoying Brisingr, but I'm reading it pretty slowly because of school, but that's ok. Keep up all the good work, and thanks for the great post!
Good to hear things are going well for all...and thanks for sharing such an effective way to decrease the indoor wrestling!
Post a Comment
<< Home