Sunday, February 17, 2008

Vacation

Last weekend Pooka and I went out west to attend her sibling's wedding. We farmed seven of our children out to four different families in the ward and took JJ with us as a lap child. On the drive to the airport I felt a bit tired. On the flight I felt ill and had trouble sleeping. (JJ's gymnastics routine may have been a contributing factor.) I felt unwell enough that I started to think I should have stayed home with JJ (and the others) and given Pooka a vacation by herself.
While waiting to get off the plane I felt like I might shortly need one of those convenient bags that are kept in the seatback pockets, so I took one with me. I filled it with everything I'd eaten since lunch while waiting for our luggage.
The next morning JJ and I slept in while Pooka went to the wedding and lunch. By the afternoon I was feeling better - so Pooka, JJ, and I all went to the reception that night. It still didn't seem like much of a vacation to me.
When we returned to retrieve our children we found that 6 out of 7 had also been vomiting. I felt terrible for the families who'd been kind enough to watch over our kids! As I pondered again the idea of staying home with all the kids while Pooka had a vacation by herself. I'd had the freedom to be ill in near isolation - without 6 other pukers around. I really had been on vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

It's all about perspective, isn't it? Pukey, barf-covered perspective. I hope all the pukers involved are feeling better soon.

09 March, 2008 23:27  
Blogger B said...

Yeah hope ya'll are feeling better! it was neat to talk to Pooka for a few minutes!

12 March, 2008 23:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home