Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rough Times in the Old West

Our eldest sons were so jealous. We left them home watching movies and eating junkfood while Pooka and I went off to be in a wild west live action role playing game (aka adinner party murder mystery) at a friend's home. Pooka was the rowdy, rough and tumble tom-boy who wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt:


While I was The Distinguished Judge (with a past I'd rather not discuss):


The plot started with crooked gambling and a dead body, progressed through dinner, blackmail, laughing, threats, hired hitmen, nasty secrets, more laughing, gunfights, stranglings, and arrests to jailbreaks, laughing, dessert, treasure maps, and good snacks. Lots of good snacks. And lots of fun.

Almost as soon as we'd arrived I was accused of being dressed as Joseph Smith. As we worked individually to gather information and make alliances with other players at one point my honesty was questioned. One of the participants in the conversation exclaimed to the others, "Of course he told the truth! Joseph Smith Can't Lie!!"

And if anyone dares say any different, I know someone who'll spit in yer eye!





1 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

So? Who dunnit?

09 February, 2008 14:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home