If April showers bring May flowers, what do May and June showers bring?
Floods.
Our encounter with the flooding was slight - it made travel difficult. A possibly coincidental water main break has us still boiling water, but otherwise we have had no ill effect in our household despite the pond in our backyard. Many others in town were not in nearly such good shape.
My workplace was close to a main flood path but was relatively lightly affected. Still I was told to work from home for a couple days until ventilation and safe drinking water could be arranged. And I spent the last day working on salvage plans.
The video behind the link above includes a building I used to work in - where another Invisible Rabbit still has a desk. The Man hasn't let many back in since the weekend and unfortunately Mr IR has done more work in his basement during the last couple days that at work.
The other Invisible Rabbit's basement was half soaked. After helping another ward member on Monday, PTHK and I went over to help remove wet things from their basement which still had a foot of water in it. They're still working on repairs. Others in town had basements completely soaked or main living levels inundated. Many had no flood insurance - this flood was a record breaker a foot higher than the century-old record and it broke or overtopped levees throughout town.

3 Comments:
Glad you guys are okay.
Ditto!
Me too.
Are the other IRs dried out yet?
Post a Comment
<< Home