Sunday, December 17, 2006

Some recent SRC efforts

We've been hoarding, so here's several.

First, though Pooka won't admit that this qualifies for SRC, here she is using a stashed white cloth to make aprons for our pioneer girls before we went to the ward 'Christmas in Nauvoo' party.


I think they came out really well, so Pooka gets a thousand points. Plus a 1000 point bonus for recognizing the time/durability tradeoff and not hemming the edges. And a 2000 point bonus for the smile of each girl who wore one. (e.g. DW's smile when she got to put hers on.) Making a total of 10,000 points.









Second, My meager effort. We'd stashed this when we moved into this house in 2004. We had another fridge and Pooka didn't like the idea of a low-temperature geyser in the kitchen*, so it went to the garage. I sold it a few weeks before JJ arrived. So I figure I get 1 point for every dollar I crafted from the undesirable object, minus a penalty for waiting two years. 50 points.

*aka fridge-front water and ice dispenser

I went on to reduce our stash of entropy in the basement, in my workshop, and in the garage by organizing and a bit of discarding, but produced nothing more than empty space. And a list of all the things in our basement food storage. At one point per square foot of reclaimed space, that's 250 points. I'd count the list as worth 100 points, but I think the penalty for misplacing it within 8 hours of finishing it is pretty steep so I'd better not count it at all.

We've also got another stash reduction project:

We're reducing our stash of candy. To help in the effort we've had several friends over to decorate houses for themselves. We've done a lot of houses so far, so at 100 points per batch of icing, 125 per house surface, 25 per satellite dish, and 300 per invitation that makes too much math for me to do tonight. And one of the fun things about all the extra houses we have is that we have one for each child to give away (excepting JJ and Holly who don't care). (Niccus is very excited about giving one to her Nursery teacher.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ree said...

Wow! great projects! I like the gingerbread houses especially. good work, everyone!

23 December, 2006 23:08  
Blogger Taffy said...

So much fun and craftiness. Good job on all that stash reduction!

26 December, 2006 22:58  
Blogger Peanut said...

Wow! That's a cute aproned girl, plus, a lot of houses to give away, and a lot of house space reclaimed. Good job!

31 December, 2006 01:19  
Blogger Boss said...

I love that your whole family was involved in the holiday stash reduction. I especially love the satellite dish[es]. Plus 250 square feet of reclaimed space is very impressive. I'm pretty sure that's a stash reduction record.

01 January, 2007 23:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvey always gives Pooka all the points (no no no Harvey.

11 February, 2007 18:23  
Blogger B said...

Congratulations! That's some wonderful holiday SRCing!

19 February, 2007 22:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home