Dancing the night away
Last night was the ward Christmas party. This year the organizers thought it would be fun to have a dance. My daughters appeared to agree heartily! It was interesting to see how each child responded to the situation.
Niccus was excited at the announcement, but was confused when the music wasn't classical. Holly and Niccus mostly ran around, but danced with me or Pooka a couple times. (They were incredibly light on their feet - that is they expected their partner to carry them or swing them through the air.)
Snoozer loved the idea of dancing and solved the problem of not knowing the steps by simply standing on my toes - until I absolutely forbade it an hour in. (Around the house I wear steel toed shoes - so normally she can step on my toes with impunity.) DW ran around and chased across the dance floor with Holly and Niccus - maybe with as much dancing as chasing.
Harvey Jr sat and watched for much of the time - and then asked Pooka to teach him. (It looked like cha-cha.) After being taught how he asked DW to dance with him. Peter THK tried to take a nap. And LaundryMan sat out for all but the Hokey Pokey saying he only knew two dances: waltz and square dance. Mostly I danced with Snoozer and Pooka danced with Holly and Niccus.
Pooka and I started dancing the last dance with Holly, Niccus, and JJ. But Holly and Niccus soon budded off into their own circle and someone on the sidelines saw a chance to have a turn holding JJ, so Pooka and I were left all alone. (Don't worry - we weren't lonely!)
This morning I asked Snoozer if she had fun dancing.
" No. I was too tired!" Upon reflection she continued, "Except when I was dancing on your feet!"
JJ must have been tired out by the dancing too. She slept straight through from when we finally got her put to bed at 10:30PM to 6:55AM.
Niccus was excited at the announcement, but was confused when the music wasn't classical. Holly and Niccus mostly ran around, but danced with me or Pooka a couple times. (They were incredibly light on their feet - that is they expected their partner to carry them or swing them through the air.)
Snoozer loved the idea of dancing and solved the problem of not knowing the steps by simply standing on my toes - until I absolutely forbade it an hour in. (Around the house I wear steel toed shoes - so normally she can step on my toes with impunity.) DW ran around and chased across the dance floor with Holly and Niccus - maybe with as much dancing as chasing.
Harvey Jr sat and watched for much of the time - and then asked Pooka to teach him. (It looked like cha-cha.) After being taught how he asked DW to dance with him. Peter THK tried to take a nap. And LaundryMan sat out for all but the Hokey Pokey saying he only knew two dances: waltz and square dance. Mostly I danced with Snoozer and Pooka danced with Holly and Niccus.
Pooka and I started dancing the last dance with Holly, Niccus, and JJ. But Holly and Niccus soon budded off into their own circle and someone on the sidelines saw a chance to have a turn holding JJ, so Pooka and I were left all alone. (Don't worry - we weren't lonely!)
This morning I asked Snoozer if she had fun dancing.
" No. I was too tired!" Upon reflection she continued, "Except when I was dancing on your feet!"
JJ must have been tired out by the dancing too. She slept straight through from when we finally got her put to bed at 10:30PM to 6:55AM.

8 Comments:
Congrats on tiring JJ out enough to get her to sleep through the night! That is a wonderful feeling!)
And it's good to hear that at least some of the clan likes the Cristmas dance party!
I'm glad you weren't too lonely when you and pooka were left all alone! And I'm with B. Good job getting that baby to sleep so long!
Tire the child out at a dance--So that's the secret to getting a baby to sleep through the night! Smart thinking. Did you use this same approach with all your infants?
No. Most of our wards weren't so accommodating in planning dances. And if I try dancing around the house I'm usually dogpiled by every resident female between the ages of 12 months and 12 years, so I'm the only one who gets tired. (They just get wound up.)
Sounds like a very fun night! And I'm glad you and Pooka had a chance to have some one on one time.
It wasn't that I didn't know the dancing, There was something more frantic. I realized that I had a talk in Sacrament meeting the next day part way through! (After Mama commented on me not dancing I told her.) Mama said afterward that she was embarrassed that she had forgotten, Relieved that I was on top of it, and glad that I had remembered
It wasn't that I didn't know the dancing, There was something more frantic. I realized that I had a talk in Sacrament meeting the next day part way through! (After Mama commented on me not dancing I told her.) Mama said afterward that she was embarrassed that she had forgotten, Relieved that I was on top of it, and glad that I had remembered.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home