Two Weeks, and It's Not Enough
Soft forehead creasing,
infant thoughts struggling to be expressed...
Eyes, two liquid pools of hope,
pleading...
The music plays
netting swirls
bubbling laughter
and rhythms I can barely understand.
I can only watch and wonder
and beg
Please,
oh please, my sisters,
please save some of 'the princess game' for me...
I like 'animals hiding from the storm,'
and 'dancing flower fairies,'
and 'horsey parties' best.
Oh, my sisters,
I will grow
as quickly as I can,
But please,
oh please,
...you don't.
infant thoughts struggling to be expressed...
Eyes, two liquid pools of hope,
pleading...
The music plays
netting swirls
bubbling laughter
and rhythms I can barely understand.
I can only watch and wonder
and beg
Please,
oh please, my sisters,
please save some of 'the princess game' for me...
My brothers are so very grown-up they think numbers, and computer
games, and books, and dice games and piles of papers, and
many brightly-colored running games are exciting.
butgames, and books, and dice games and piles of papers, and
many brightly-colored running games are exciting.
I like 'animals hiding from the storm,'
and 'dancing flower fairies,'
and 'horsey parties' best.
Oh, my sisters,
I will grow
as quickly as I can,
But please,
oh please,
...you don't.

6 Comments:
Loved your poem! It pulled at my heart strings. Why must children grow? It forces us to cherish our memories.
Ideas and feelings so well expressed. Thank you for letting us share.
I just love your poetic expressions of how JJ feels about being 2 weeks! Thanks for sharing.
What a beautiful wide-eyed bundle! But I can hardly imagine how you can find time to write beautiful poetry!
Beautiful, beautiful baby and poetry! I can hardly believe it's been two weeks! I thought for sure it was only the other day!
Thank you
Post a Comment
<< Home