A few of my favorite things...
EATING HAIL!!! Eating more hail!!! Remembering eating hail!!!

We had a thunderstorm on Thursday that dropped monstrous hailstones on our environs, and Matthew thoughtfully hunted through the grass to find a sampling. Absolutely incredible taste and texture. I have been craving ice -- thin wafers or crushed shards -- for weeks now, but this blew the top clean off my dream chart.
If I hadn't been tearing-mad-harried getting out the door for violin lessons I would have been on hands and knees hunting over the yard, and the neighbor's yard (the neighbor without a dog) to eat 'till my tonsils froze. I wish you could buy hailstones in the grocery store, like other pregnancy-craving items. I would pay top dollar for 'em!
I know, dentists, that eating ice isn't the best use of teeth. Hmm. I'll stop after "Junior Birdman" is O-U-T in two more months. I figure it can't be worse than pickles, and sure tastes a whale-of-a-lot better.
I know there's an ice cream that Daddy-A shares with visitors occasionally called "Death by Chocolate." I'd rather have Death by Hailstones.

We had a thunderstorm on Thursday that dropped monstrous hailstones on our environs, and Matthew thoughtfully hunted through the grass to find a sampling. Absolutely incredible taste and texture. I have been craving ice -- thin wafers or crushed shards -- for weeks now, but this blew the top clean off my dream chart.
If I hadn't been tearing-mad-harried getting out the door for violin lessons I would have been on hands and knees hunting over the yard, and the neighbor's yard (the neighbor without a dog) to eat 'till my tonsils froze. I wish you could buy hailstones in the grocery store, like other pregnancy-craving items. I would pay top dollar for 'em!
I know, dentists, that eating ice isn't the best use of teeth. Hmm. I'll stop after "Junior Birdman" is O-U-T in two more months. I figure it can't be worse than pickles, and sure tastes a whale-of-a-lot better.
I know there's an ice cream that Daddy-A shares with visitors occasionally called "Death by Chocolate." I'd rather have Death by Hailstones.

4 Comments:
I don't know if they have Sonnic there in you neck of the wwods, but afriend once told me that there you could get a cup or bag of ice that was better than anywhere else. The ice is frozen in little balls that bear quite a resemblance to hail. It was her favorite snack even after her baby was born.
One could coat the ice balls with chocoalte and incorportat them in chocolate ice cream and call it death-by-sonic-hail-stones! Daddy-A
I keep telling Mark that we need to invest in an ice crusher. I too have been crunching ice by the handfuls ever since reunion. I don't know why but nothing tastes better to me right now than a bunch of crushed ice. So I bet I'd be crawling on hands and knees in your neighbor's yard (the one without a dog) too, helping you look for and eat those hailstones if I'd been there. Lucky!
Here's hoping the weather stays stormy until you're ready to deliver!
Post a Comment
<< Home