Moving
Last week the moving company arrived and quickly and efficiently stuffed all of our goods (and bads) into boxes and filled most of a 53' trailer with them. I was surprised at their speed and efficiency. It took only 1 packer only 2 days to pack almost everything that wasn't in the garage. (2 others worked full-bore those 2 days packing all that we had in the garage - which included everything from storage and from our attics.) I know it would have taken us far longer to pack - both because we haven't the experience at packing and because we'd find it impossible to remain singleminded. On the 3rd day they loaded and drove away.
We camped out in our home for the next 3 days - or Pooka and the children did. I flew to Indiana the next morning to close on our new home and stayed one night in it before returning early on Saturday. We waited to move the family down because Sunday was the Children's Sacrament Meeting Program.
Right after church on Sunday we packed all that remained into our van and drove off to visit Crazy Horse Lady on our way south. It was wonderful to get out of the house and stop worrying about damage or mess. While Crazy Horse Lady's home was not very far from our old home, having a place to get out to made a big difference.
Right after church on Sunday we packed all that remained into our van and drove off to visit Crazy Horse Lady on our way south. It was wonderful to get out of the house and stop worrying about damage or mess. While Crazy Horse Lady's home was not very far from our old home, having a place to get out to made a big difference.
Visiting Crazy Horse Lady was awesome. The children enjoyed being in a house that was furnished again, and enjoyed seeing Dominic, the horses, the cats, the horses, the smaller dogs, and the horses. When the girls went out to see the horses, Dominic helped them find the fun places in the barn to climb and play. As much (or more) time was spent climbing hay bales as petting horses. Inside the house JJ was at first a bit suspicious of Crazy Horse Lady but soon decided that she was a good baby-holder. (So good that JJ Pooka and I could go to the barn without taking JJ along.)
The boys and I slept in the van because of concerns about cat allergies but otherwise didn't restrict our activities there. LaundryMan had just a bit of a reaction while I had no reaction until we were on the way out the door the next morning. (So maybe I'm cured??)
As I repacked bedding and kids into the van after a good breakfast in a kitchen we didn't have to scour and pack I was again grateful for friends like Crazy Horse Lady.
The boys and I slept in the van because of concerns about cat allergies but otherwise didn't restrict our activities there. LaundryMan had just a bit of a reaction while I had no reaction until we were on the way out the door the next morning. (So maybe I'm cured??)
As I repacked bedding and kids into the van after a good breakfast in a kitchen we didn't have to scour and pack I was again grateful for friends like Crazy Horse Lady.

2 Comments:
Congratulations on a successful move! Crazy Horse Lady is awesome, isn't she? And I've never even met her horses.
Good job on getting moved. Plus, I like that Crazy Horse Lady, too. I'm glad you were able to have so much fun with her before you moved.
Post a Comment
<< Home