Monday, July 24, 2006

Here we are, still at Paul and Dani's though we'd hoped to be many miles down the road tonight. Our van failed to start yesterday morning. That was the second time in 15 days that our van had failed us in the same way. It is still covered under warranty so the trouble is the loss of transportation rather than the expense of repair.
We had the van towed to the dealer today - but because today is a holiday the service center wasn't open so the van won't even be put on the schedule before tomorrow morning, meaning we will probably get home at least two days late.
It's not so bad as it seems: B and D loaned us a car so we have limited mobility. I got to spend extra time with Semaj this morning. I have my laptop and cellphone with me so I worked today from Paul and Dani's house. And they haven't kicked us out yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

r u still there??

09 August, 2006 20:42  
Blogger Paul said...

No. The did manage to leave on Wednesday.

I spoke with a former mechanic a work an he suggested [checking the electrical connectivity] to the starter motor. According to him frequently a loose connection will develop. Don't know if you got the intermittant issue tracked down or if his suggeestion even applies, but I thought I'd pass it on.

09 August, 2006 22:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home