Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day Puzzle

This Father's Day I went searching for the true meaning of what Father's Day is all about. I know that Harvey is doing a dog-gone good Daddying job with our little ones, but I still had to wonder, what if he was missing out on one of the important components and NOT EVEN REALIZING IT?? So I went to research the topic through one of the most authoritative sources on the subject, at least according to themselves: the Father's Day Card display in the local Department-Store-Which-Shall-Remain-Nameless.

There I found that Father's Day means the following:
tools, sports, grilling, neckties, keys (especially the car-related-ones), fishing, camping, and money. Like so:



I, however, being an intrinsically skeptical individual, sought another witness to make sure these symbols were truly important in the studying of the role of fatherhood. Lo and behold! There they were in holy writ!

Here are the scriptures I found. The question is: Can you match the references with the Father's Day Symbols from the card display at the Department-Store-Which-Shall-Remain-Nameless?

D&C 50:44
Mosiah 4:27
D&C 75:28
Genesis 8:20
Proverbs 6:20-21
D&C 13:1
Matthew 4:19
Isaiah 54:2

So, after much research, I've found that Harvey is doing a superb job as a father, on all the above counts. Happy (belated) Father's Day to everyone resembling these remarks!!! We love you, fathers!

4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

hammer, mitt, money, tie, keys, fishing pole, tent stake

you are awesome Pooka, and so are Fathers!

22 June, 2006 17:51  
Blogger B said...

oops! put "tongs" between the money and the tie.

22 June, 2006 23:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WISH I COULD MAKE A FATHERS DAY TALK TOO, *LUCKY*!!!!

25 June, 2006 16:40  
Blogger Taffy said...

That was a very fun puzzle. Thanks for helping us see the scriptural base for the symbols of Father's day.

30 June, 2006 19:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home