Preparing for a Famine or 'I Spy a Nephite'
Pooka and I went on a trip this week without any of the kids. What we went for is here in the picture. See if you can find it.
I will post better pictures later.
....
A few people have made good guesses, but this nearly a literal "needle in the haystack". (I spy a Nephite!!)
It is preparation for a famine. Pooka could travel to the same city after Junior arrives, but it would be hard to visit the same place and achieve the same end for several months. The hint on the city is in the flags.
As we got off the subway and walked we had a general idea of where we were going, but didn't have a specific map to get us where we needed to go. I was uncertain and a bit worried until I saw something that is in this picture.
Just as a bonus - here is one of the gardens we saw along the way:
And a picture out over the far edge of the garden at night:
This view is remarkable for one visiting from China because there are no construction cranes. Anywhere. (Cranes flock everywhere in China.) It is also remarkable because there are a large number of crosses displayed prominently throughout the city.

5 Comments:
A cement truck? :)
The building they're building on the left is going to be your house?
I spy Angel Moroni!!
You won Peanut!!
We went to the temple there. It was really wonderful.
Good game! We caught the flag hint, but were lost otherwise. We didn't see it, but enjoyed the challenge anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home